Saturday, May 15, 2010

Don't Touch

Lately at work I have been completely bored. I hate being bored at work. I feel useless. I prefer to work and I do my best work when I'm busy. The kind of job I'm in, I'm at the mercy of the public. If they aren't doing anything, neither am I. I have been dealing with boredom for quite some time now. Not only can a person go crazy and get burned out from constant stress, but also from constant boredom. Last week it got to me. I couldn't wait for my weekend!! It finally got here and what happened, my car broke. I couldn't believe it! Thankfully, it waited until I got home before it did though. I hate car problems. They always seem to come at the most inoportune times! I'm broke, so any extra expense is a HUGE stress! On Saturday my brother rescued me...he fixed my car with the only expense to me was the parts he needed for an oil change and a tune up! I was so grateful to him! Also on Saturday my computer crashed, my cell phone was acting up, my dvd player had no sound and my daughter got the stomach flu! I had to run all over town to find the stuff for my car because of course the one auto parts store was out of stuff. In my mom's car I hit the curb when I was pulling out of my parking space. I decided right then and there I was going home and not doing another thing, touching anything or going anywhere for the safety of us all! And that is exactly what I did. I went home, parked my unhappy butt on the couch and didn't move until evening when I had to get up to make my mom dinner for Mother's Day. Thankfully I didn't burn the house down!

No comments:

Post a Comment