Thursday, August 9, 2012

Is Summer Over Yet?

I am sooooooo done with Summer!  I just have to say, August really sucks!  It is hot, humid and just plain miserable.  I have missed out on a lot of workouts this summer just like every summer, because I have a hard time working out in the heat.  My blood sugar takes a dive...of course I don't actually check my blood sugar, but I do get the shakes really bad.  Zero energy too.

I've done workouts in the pool before, but for some reason I don't usually think about it.  Today I thought to myself, "I have an hour before the kids get home.  I can swim and do a pool workout without my kids!"  I ran in the house and changed in one minute flat and hit the pool.  It was super, duper hot out, but I never even broke a sweat.  At least I don't think I did.  Kind of hard to tell since I was in the pool!  I swam laps, did a work out and ran around the pool and not once did I have a kid screaming, have to jump out of the way cuz a kid did a cannon ball without looking or yell "don't run!".  It was quiet and I got a lot of workout done in a short amount of time.  I didn't have the shakey problem either.  I can't wait to do it again!

There is one good thing about August though.  School started yesterday!!  I can't even tell you how excited I am about school starting.  My son is an official Jr. High student and my daughter is in her last year of elementary school.  Wow, time sure does fly by!  Remember those old Staples back to school commercials?  The parents were dancing down the aisles and the song "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" is playing.  Yep, that's me!!  I feel bad for the elementary students though.  There has been a heat advisory the last two days and yet they are forcing the kids to go out and play.  I'm a little concerned about that. 

I guess I better get off here.  My kids think they need to eat dinner or something.  Why do they have to eat every day??

No comments:

Post a Comment