Thursday, August 30, 2012

Craziness Abound!

So my 42nd birthday is in 3 days.  Last night to celebrate my getting older, I signed up for my first half marathon.  I guess I could call it celebrating.  I think it is just a sign that we do get crazy as we get older.  As I was signing up I was thinking, "I better hurry up and do this before I change my mind."  After I was done I was thinking, "Holy shit, what did I just do???!!"

I have no idea why I did it.  A girl I work with has been bugging me for a month to do it.  "If you can walk 60 miles in 3 days then you can do a half marathon."  Or maybe it was my daughter saying, "Mom, your life is pretty much half over. Not that you're old or anything." Sheesh! 

I have been trying to improve my walk/runs the last month.  Now it is time to kick it up a notch so I will be ready.  My friend told she is slow at 12 1/2 min mile and I should train with her...omg...I do a 14 min mile!  I hope I'm going to be ready!!  Wish me luck!

I love this picture cuz I'm pretty sure this is what I look like when I run! lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment