Sunday, March 21, 2010

Dating

Dating is a challenge for anyone for sure. Men, women...doesn't matter. If you add children into the mix it adds a whole new dimension to it. You have to worry about them and their feelings, babysitting, do you introduce your kids? It goes on and on. Plus, they have opinions too and they are NOT afraid to share them! After my husband had been gone for about a year and a half my kids and I were in the car. Out of the blue my son says, "Mom, when are you going to get us a new daddy?". That shocked me to say the least. We had a conversation about it. I said all the right things, "I have to be careful", "I can't just pick anyone. He has to be special". You get the idea. I thought the conversation was over until the next day. We went to Walmart and were standing in line. The lines were long and slow. There were a lot of people around too. I'm standing there talking to my kids and out of the blue my son yells (because he never talks quietly), "Mommy! We can't leave yet! You didn't buy us a new daddy!!". Everyone around us started cracking up and I couldn't believe my boy had just screamed this! I told him, "We can't buy a daddy at Walmart and we will talk about this later." :) Shortly after that I decided it was time to stick my toes in the dating pool. Not to find a daddy for my kids or a husband for me, but to start moving forward with my life.

I met a really great guy at work. I will call him Mr. Smiley. He is a very handsome man that has an amazing smile and loved to show it off. :) He would come in to the section where I worked all the time, but I was so out of the game I had no idea he was coming in there for me. Finally he asked me out. I was so nervous. It was my first date in over 8 years! He came to the house to pick me up. Talk about awkward. My kids were there and my mom was there to babysit. The first thing my son said was, "Wanna come see my room?!". LOL Mr. Smiley was very nice and told him no. After that I decided my dates will not come to my house anymore...we will just have to meet somewhere! It was a very nice date, I liked him, he liked me, we got along and he was handsome. The problem, it was my first date back and I was terrified. I was scared to death of having it go anywhere serious even though he was the perfect man for that step. Timing is everything! I didn't have the decency to tell him what was wrong, I just avoided him. I hurt him bad and I regret that to this day. We have started talking again since then and I have apologized. I just hope he can really forgive me. I have learned a lot over the last few years since then and I still have a lot more to learn. 'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment