Sunday, September 2, 2012

42

For some reason around my birthday I always get the itch to do something major.  I usually have a desire to move or start a new job.  I don't always scratch that itch, but there have been times I have.  Most times I haven't since I have been at my job for over 13 years and I've lived in the same house for almost 6 years.  I do like to reflect on what I have accomplished in the last year and I wonder if I fulfilled everything I set out to do. 

This year as far as my work goals are concerned, I have made great strides to reaching my goal.  I took general instructor school, Suicide Intervention, Suicide Awareness and Suicide Awareness Train the Trainer.  In a week and a half I will be taking another class to help with what I want to do also.  I was also offered the opportunity to be a chairperson in a Foundation and possibly start the survivors part of the foundation.  This has the potential to be huge!!!  Nationwide!!  The only problem is, I have big dreams and ideas and the foundation's website can't handle those.  So, I am just trying to prioritize and figure things out, how to put it all down and decide which direction is the best way to go.  This is part of what I was working towards.  The other part will hopefully come soon...work with some other people and create a Suicide Awareness program at my job. 

Back in December I spoke in front of several hundred people and shared our survivor story.  That was a huge step for me...speaking in public.  Terrifying!!  I signed up for my first ever half marathon!  That is crazy!  I started another small tiny business with my sister.  We are both very busy so getting it off the ground hasn't been easy.

What do I want before my 43rd birthday?  To have some money in the bank for a change.  To get something started with a survivor's group.  Whether it is through the foundation or another way.  I will finish the 1/2 marathon and maybe I will sign up for PF Changs half in January.  Two half marathons in 2 months.  Wouldn't that be something??  Make sure my kids stay healthy and strong.  Stay happy with myself and improve on that.  Maybe in a spare minute I will find a way to take a college class.  With the general instructor school I actually have college credits.  42 years old and those are my first college credits! 

Thanks to all my friends and family for supporting me in the endeavors I've started this last year!  And thanks for all the birthday wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment