Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Freakin' Valentine's Day

Once upon a time, I liked Valentine's Day.  I have never been the woman that liked or expected big grand gestures.  I don't expect my name written on a score board or even a fancy, expensive dinner.  I would feel a bit uncomfortable I think.  I like the little things.  A note, a flower, make me dinner.  Something to let me know I'm worth it.  I miss that.  I now don't really like Valentine's Day.  And, yes it's for obvious reasons.  I haven't found anyone new to tell me that I'm worth it.

This year I'm home in bed with some stupid virus.  I hate being sick.  It just pisses me off that I'm down and have no energy or desire to get up and get stuff done or go to work.  It takes a lot for me to call in sick.  I always feel guilty because I know it's going to leave my coworkers short.  However, after laying in bed for several hours having weird and crazy fever induced dreams, going from freezing to roasting and back to freezing again, I decided I should call in. I get mad when people go to work sick with fever so I should take my own advice and just stay home.  The idea of getting up and getting dressed was just too much and so was putting make up on this swollen and red face. Tears running down my face constantly, red and sore nose and achy body just aren't my idea of a fun day.

So this Valentine's Day, instead of being sad I have no one, I will be happy that I have my computer, my kindle, my movies, my box of tissues, my dayquil and my phone to keep me company and happy that I have the most comfortable bed I have ever owned.

I love my kids, I love my family and I love my friends. That will have to be enough for now. Happy birthday to my brother-in-law!! Oh, and Happy Freakin' Valentine's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment