Sunday, April 15, 2012

Interesting Week

A couple of months ago, some people were coming into my work to interview one of us and our supervisor. I was asked if I would do the interview. The video was going to be made for some people that have great power over my job. It was to let them know what exactly it is that we do and invite them to come and see us in person.

The video was released 2 weeks ago. It was kind of weird to sit and watch myself on tape. I have never done that before. It was a new experience for me and the girl who did the interview did a great job making me feel comfortable talking in front of a camera. She was really nice and very supportive of what I do for a living. She also wanted to re-interview me for the suicide awareness stuff.

Well, I didn't really hear very much more about that, until 2 weeks ago. I was at work and got called into my supervisor's office. I thought I was in trouble! It turns out, one of the local news channels wanted to interview me. They wanted to talk about suicides being on the rise and then asked me a few questions about my personal experience with suicide. I got about 30 seconds of video time on the news, but it is one small step towards my goal...to get the message out. Suicide is preventable. We need to end the stigma of it and the best way to do this is, awareness. Awareness is power!

Both videos were released within a day of each other. Kind of a strange week!

No comments:

Post a Comment