Monday, June 13, 2011

Craziness

Pretty much my whole world lately has been wrapped up in following the fire. Every article, every tiny piece of information, friends and family keeping me informed by text and facebook and even dreaming about fire. It is time to take a break! Thankfully it is getting better. People are back in their homes now and others should hopefully be allowed back in a few days, my dad and stepmom included. I am sooooooo happy and grateful! Ok, enough about the fire.

Today I was a witness to something crazy! I had just picked up my kids from my sister's house and we were headed out. I hadn't even gone a mile when I saw a vehicle start swerving in it's lane. I had just said out loud to my kids, "What is that guy doing?" when he jumped the curb, drove down the sidewalk and in the gravel. When he went off the curb at the next street he rolled and took out a stop sign. It was such a weird sight to see I felt like I was watching a dash cam video from a patrol car that was on an episode of COPS. The guy in front of me stopped and I stopped and called 911. Several people tried to get the guy out of his vehicle, but he was somewhat trapped. There was definitely divine intervention here. Somehow his vehicle went between a palm tree and the cable that anchors a power pole. I have no idea how he made it through that tiny space without help. Thankfully there was no one walking down the sidewalk. There are so many things that could have happened to make it so much worse. It turns out the guy that was behind him and in front of me was his friend. They worked together and were traveling together. His friend was very worried and wasn't sure what to do to help his friend in the crashed vehicle. Thank goodness for strong people that stopped to help him. They were able to get the broken windshield out so the fire fighters had easy access to to the injured driver. On my way home a pickup in front of me hit a VERY large piece of tire debris. It was thrown into the air and landed in front of me. I was able to avoid it, the guy behind me swerved so bad I thought he was going to wreck. All I wanted to do was go home!!!! I had enough excitement for one day for sure, two weeks for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment