Saturday, March 17, 2012

No TV

A few weeks ago I was talking to my sister and she told me they got rid of tv. They have said they were going to do this several times, but she always changes her mind. Well, my brother-in-law cancelled the cable while my sister was a work before she could change her mind again. haha
They inspired me. I was thinking, we only watch a few channels and I am paying $70 a month for those few channels. My kids are vegging out instead of playing outside or getting their homework done. So, I followed my sister's example and got rid of tv. That was a huge deal for me. I am a tv junky. I think it is harder on me than it is on my kids! When I first said I was going to do it, I held a family meeting in the car where they had no where to go and explained why I am getting rid of tv...money being the biggest reason. They seemed to be okay with it. By that afternoon they were saying they were bored! lol
I finally got the dvd player in the living room working so I can watch movies in there. My kids have started watching movies in their room too, but they are also reading more and playing more games. I also have been watching some stuff on Netflix. It is kind of hard because it's on my phone that I have to watch it and there are only so many things available on the phone version aside from the small screen. I did watch 52 episodes of Mad Men and 51 episodes of Flashpoint. Both are very good shows by the way! When I said something to my friend about getting rid of tv all he said was, "Your poor kids." haha
I bought one of those digital antennas. Seems pretty simple. You hook it in like you would cable. Easy, right??? Well, of course it's not working! Ugh...I get so annoyed with high tech stuff.
I'm at my mom's as I write this post and I am finding myself getting distracted by the tv. Maybe I will take advantage of that as well and go watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment