Saturday, March 17, 2012

Silly Kids!

I posted about this on facebook a few weeks ago, but the story is too good not to share! As I have shared before, my kids are always on the lookout for a husband for me. It's kind of scary actually. I love my children so much, but their choices? All I can say is wow! I'm a lot more picky than they are!

So, my daughter was going to spend the night at a friend's house a few weeks ago. As we were walking out the door she said, "Oh, I should tell you Mom. My friend has 2 dads." Ok, now she will be exposed to a different way of life. Having 2 dads is not the norm! I was so glad my daughter was so good with it, she almost forgot about it! Anyway, I dropped her off and went in to meet the parents. I met one of the dads and all 4 of the kids. What a great family! She originally was only going to stay a couple hours, but she called me and asked if she could spend the night. I took her clothes over to her and the dad that I had met earlier asked me to stay and eat. I said no, but he is like a mexican mama and insisted that I eat dinner with them and would not take no for an answer. We were all sitting on the back patio and I hear my daughter whisper to her friend, "My mom is single." Oh no. "Is your dad single?" Her friend says, "I already told you about my parents!!!" So, my daughter was trying to set me up with a gay man that is in a committed relationship! Wow...so I have had my son at the age of 6 scream in Walmart that we can't leave because I didn't buy a husband yet, my son think that every guy that is alone in a pick up on the freeway is a potential husband for me and now my daughter try to set me up with a gay man. They are definitely not allowed to be my matchmakers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment