Saturday, June 23, 2012

DIY


I'm really liking the refurbished furniture lately.  Not that I have room in my house for it, but I can dream anyway.  A couple weeks ago I had a benefit yard sale.  Several people donated their stuff that they were going to take to Goodwill.  I got some great stuff!!  Anyway, that's a whole different blog post. :)  One of the things that was donated was this dresser.  I bought the dresser from my yard sale.



It was pretty rough looking, but it was actually sturdy and stable.  It just needed to cosmetic work.  This was my chance!  A lot of people want the chance to re-do furniture, but if they are like me, they have no idea where to start and no energy to really do it.  This time I just bit the bullet. 

I went to Home Depot and talked to the guy there.  I found some primer that he said would stick to anything, even laminate wood.  Then I bought paint and sponge rollers and ran home to get started.  I got it primed and painted in one day and let it sit for about 3 days to make sure it was good and dry.  I bought some new handles from Hobby Lobby that were half off and  now my son has a nice big dresser that looks completely different!!!!  It is old and you can tell it's old, but it looks great and works great!
 



Now I have all these great ideas of what I want to paint in my house!!  My daughter's dresser, my dresser, my night stand, my hutch.  I found a 2 shelf bookcase at a yard sale today for $5.  I'm going to paint that too and use it for my business.  So exciting!

1 comment: