Friday, January 28, 2011

Missing You

Overwhelming Sadness and despair,
Why did you have to leave?
Was there something I could have done?
Life is so unfair.


I will never understand the pain you must have felt,
The struggles that you went through,
The desperation inside of you,
Or the cards that you were dealt.


Now I have my own pain,
The If only’s and what if’s,
The Why’s and the guilt I have,
Come over me again and again.


Even as I grieve and mourn,
I know that life goes on.
I will put on a smile through my tears,
Even though my armor is torn.


As each day without you passes,
I will love you more and more.
I know someday I will see you again,
And I can shower you with kisses.


Kelli Bedway
January 28, 2011


I felt the need to write this today as my friend struggles through the loss of her sister. I wrote this for all of us. The parents, the siblings, the spouses, the children, the aunts and uncles, the nieces and nephews and the friends. We are survivors.

No comments:

Post a Comment