Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day

As I always do on this day, I first have to say Happy Birthday to my brother-in-law!!

Another Valentine's Day has come around. A lot of people feel sad and lonely around the main holidays. I do too somewhat, but Valentine's Day is one of the worst for me. It is one day a year set aside for people to tell each other how much they love each other and the one day I, along with millions of other singles, am reminded we don't have that someone special in our lives. As if mocking us, everywhere we turn there are discounts for couples for dinner, dessert, movies, flowers, candy, etc. The single people are the ones that should have the discounts on this day!! It should be a discount saying, "Hey! Come celebrate being single!" There are heart shaped pizzas, candies, stickers, sandwiches, cakes, etc. Everything is pink and red. Do people really only tell each other how much they love each other just one day a year? If so, how sad.

There also seems to be a stigma attached to this day. You can't go on a first date or a just a casual date on this day because there is such stress for it to be a day of love. A single person can't go to dinner by themselves either. If they did, everyone would be saying, "Look at that sad, pathetic person sitting there all alone on Valentine's Day."

Don't mind me and the ramblings of the hopeless romantic that is hidden deep down inside. I hope everyone has a great Valentine's Day. I just want to say I love you to my children, my family and my friends! Although, that shouldn't be a surprise because I say it a lot and to quote my late husband, I LOVE YOU MORE!!

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Sorry it was a rough day!! Let's go to lunch soon! <3 ya!

    ReplyDelete