Sunday, February 27, 2011

Meaningful Dream or the Fever Talking?

When I'm sick, I seem to have really strange dreams. I don't know if it's the fever talking or the Nyquil, but they can be pretty weird. This last week I had a very strange dream that has really stuck with me. I'm wondering if it has some significance or if I was just sick and it is the result of that.

I dreamt I was in my hometown of St. Johns. I wandered around the town a little bit lost for a while. Finally I grabbed my pillow and decided to lay down on the sidewalk in front of the Drug Store in St. Johns. There I was just laying there on the sidewalk with my pillow and this woman comes up to me. I haven't seen or thought of this particular woman in years. I'm not sure why she was in this particular dream. In real life she lost her husband several years ago and she lost her son to suicide a few years ago. Back to the dream. She came up to me and started scolding me. Not in a mean spirited way, but in a gentle, kind way. She was telling me that I needed to get myself well because we had a lot to do. We had a lot of people we needed to get our messsage to and to help and we couldn't do that until I was well. Just then a man walked up and was kind of chuckling. He was kind and funny and introduced himself as her new husband. As he helped me up off the sidewalk, he told me not to listen to her because she wasn't getting counseling for herself either. He then walked me over to a car and offered me a ride. The car was a fully restored older vehicle, something like a Chevy Chevelle. As we were driving down the road, he offered to give me the car. I was shocked and excited at the same time. Then I woke up.

So, do I need to get physically well or emotionally well to help people? Helping people is helping me to get emotionally well so I'm not too sure. And why her? Because she lost her son to suicide or is it just because I have St. Johns on the brain this week after hearing a St. Johns friend lost her husband this week? Or maybe it's just a fever or Nyquil dream and I should just move on. Hmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment