Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Grumpiness

I am fast losing my sense of humor.  I was starting to feel better with my back.  I was finally feeling good enough that I wanted to try exercising.  Last week I did a little short workout.  All went well.  So, Saturday I was feeling good and my kids asked me to play the Wii.  So, the contest was on for Just Dance 3 with both my kids.  I kicked their booties! :)  I was so proud that this 42 year old woman with a bad back beat the young kids.  My joy didn't last long though.  About 30 minutes later I started feeling the twinges in my back and 30 minutes after that I was in full blown spasms.  The pain was just as bad as it was 5 weeks ago when I first started going to the chiropractor. 

Monday I took the day off and went to the chiropractor.  They put me in for a massage and then an adjustment.  The adjustment actually brought tears to my eyes.  I have walked around like an old woman the last few days.  I have forced myself to work.  I try to stand and walk more, but man the sitting is killing me and the standing doesn't feel good either.  When I stand I start to spasm and when I sit, I ache.  When I first stand from the sitting position it hurts.  I am so tired of being in pain that it is making me grumpy.  A friend sent me a simple message this morning. "How are you?"  Me, "I'm grumpy."  That is definitely not like me.  This has made me be grumpy in everything else too.  I was mad about my schedule, mad about a mistake I made, etc, etc, etc.

I was going to start doing yoga this week.  Since I can't move well, not going to happen. :(  I miss exercising.  I miss being able to walk normal, walk fast, ride a bike or even run.  All the things we take for granted.  I realize they have to fix 20 years of issues and it's only been 5 weeks, but really?  Back to square one?  Ugh  I wonder if it's a nerve thing.  I guess I will have to ask the chiropractor tomorrow.  I really shouldn't complain because I have a friend who has much worse back problems than I do.  She has been through hell with it and still smiles and is always happy!  She is my hero!

Tomorrow I will try and be nicer, but today is my pitty party day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment