Sunday, January 13, 2013

I'm Not Your Sister!

Hey guys!  I'm not your sister!  Ok, so some of you I am and I'm perfectly fine with that.  I mean, what other woman out there can say she has more brothers than she has toes and fingers.  I appreciate my brothers a lot.  Both my family and my friends. 

Each one of them brings something unique with him.  Some it is compassion and sensitivity.  They are the ones that tell me I'm worth it, don't settle and tell me I'm pretty.  Ego boosters!  Then I have those that tell me straight out how it is and how they think about things.  They aren't afraid to share their opinions about anything, including me and what I've got going on with my life.  Straight shooters!  Some are the ones that I can ask for help and they are right there.  Sometimes I don't even have to ask, they just offer.  Others bring a smile to my face and laughter in the air.  They love to make me laugh! 

Some I have deep and meaningful conversations with.  Others, we have shared secrets.  Some, our conversations are just pure entertainment! 

They are protective like brothers too.  They like to tell me who I shouldn't date, who isn't good enough and that I should check with them first so they can give me the low down on someone. 

How does it become this brother/sister thing?  I seem to be really good at it.  I am kinda needing to figure this out so that I don't do it to the guys that I'm interested in dating.  I don't want to date my brother and they definitely don't want to date their sister. 

Someone I know recently got divorced.  My sister said I should date him.  I told her I think he thinks of me as just a friend.  You know, that whole brother/sister thing I have goin' on all the time.  She said, "You need to tell him that you are not his sister and it is okay to date you!"  I'm not so bold and brazen like that, but sometimes I wish I was!

So, thanks to my brothers for being there for me.  I appreciate you more than you know.  And for those that I might be interested in dating, maybe I will just start saying it as soon as I start heading down that path of no return, I'm not your sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment