Sunday, August 10, 2014

My Favorite Stores

About a year and a half ago I decided to try out Goodwill.  My kids were out-growing their clothes so fast it was KILLING my budget.  So I decided to try the half price Saturday and see what I could find.  I hit the mother load!  Oh my goodness, why had I not been shopping there all along?!  Seriously!  I was able to buy clothes for my kids for $3 or less!  That is where I got my kids' clothes for Christmas that year and last year.  I was extremely broke and my kids needed clothes.  For the price I would pay for one pair of good jeans, I was able to buy BOTH of my kids a new wardrobe.  I looked them over good and made sure there were not stains or tears in them and some actually had the original tag on them.  I swore I would never again buy my kids clothes from the department stores and I have stuck to that.  I have also found some hardback Hardy Boys series books for super cheap.  My son loves those books so they are a great investment.  I also decided to see if I could buy myself some clothes.  I don't have as much luck with my size as I do with my kids' sizes, but every once in a while I can find those long length jeans that are so pricey.  At Goodwill I pay $4!  Can you believe that? $4 for long length jeans! That is a price I can't pass up.  There are other things I have found there as well like tennis rackets, shoes that have never been worn or hardly worn, large table clothes, and so many other things.  Half price Saturday is every other Saturday and it happens to fall the Saturday after payday and I am there almost every half price Saturday.

My other favorite store is Dollartree.  I have one literally one block away from me and I would never remember to shop there.  I guess I had it in my head that the dollar store won't have anything I want.  I was so, so wrong!  That is the best store to go to if you are looking for organization or party stuff!  Everything in that store is $1.  The plastic bins are the same kind you find in Walmart and Target, but for a lot cheaper.  I also found some plastic food canisters with screw on lids that I can use for nut flours, nuts, and other food items.  Who would have thought getting organized could be so exciting?!  I am pretty frugal because I have to be (let's face it, even if I didn't have to be I would still be frugal).

I also find great deals at Hobby Lobby on their clearance aisles and Michaels too.  Because of all of these stores I am about halfway done with my Christmas shopping already!  Pardon me while I go make my Dollartree shopping list for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment