Thursday, August 7, 2014

Organize It!

When it comes to my work I am a very organized person.  I don't like a lot of clutter in my work space and I do things in a certain order so I can make sure everything gets done.  Working in chaos is not an option for me.  So then why is my house such a mess?  Seriously.  For one thing I am really glad that my kids have started back to school.  Maybe, just maybe my house will stay somewhat clean.  For another thing, I feel like I am being over run with stuff.  How can stuff take over my house when I don't even have money to buy stuff?  It is time to de-clutter and put this place in some kind of order.

I have to say, I have grown to love Dollartree!  That place is awesome!  They have those plastic bins that everyone else has.  The difference is everywhere else they are $4 and up.  At Dollartree they are $1.  Yep, $1!!  They also have plastic food storage containers for $1.  I spent some of my hard earned money the other day and walked out of there ready to get organized.

Last night I started to clean out from under the bathroom sink.  So much stuff had been thrown down there and has been down there for a very long time.  I was kind of afraid to tackle that job!  With garbage bag in hand I braved the unknown and opened the cupboard doors.  It was freeing to throw so much of that stuff away.  I threw away things that I think I had when I was in my twenties.  I won't tell you how long ago that was!  Maybe I have hoarder tendencies.  Or maybe I'm just lazy.  Hmmmm.

Today I will start putting what I saved in the cute little bins I bought.  My next project I will be tackling my closet.  If you don't hear from me after a while, send help!

No comments:

Post a Comment