Saturday, August 2, 2014

My Latest Obsession

So I was challenged by a friend to blog everyday for the month of August.  She is calling it blaugust.  Cute idea.  I haven't posted in quite some time because of work, school, kids being home for the summer, and a whole laundry list of lame excuses.  Bottom line, this will help me get back to writing!  Who knows if anyone will read it though; you all have probably given up on my by now.

One of the things I have been doing lately is, I tried my hand at making my own laundry soap.  Super exciting!  Just call me pioneer mom!  After it was all said and done, I got 8 gallons of laundry soap and it worked out to be just less than a dollar per gallon and I'm all about what is the least expensive way to go.  Plus, I have enough ingredients left over to make several more batches of soap, and it works which is even better.  Our clothes are softer, they are clean and it's all natural.  So that got me thinking, what about other stuff that I can make that will save me money?

I have done some research and I am getting ready to whip up some cool homemade goodies.  My next project to try is body wash, shampoo and deodorant.  Wouldn't it be great to have homemade stuff that doesn't harm us and save me a ton of money while I'm at it?  Yeah, I can't wait to try those things!  I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment