Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Foot Troubles

So, remember me telling you about my one person Lucy and Ethel show at my yard sale almost two weeks ago? Well, I still can't wear a regular shoe on my right foot. Last week I forced my running shoe on and did a workout in the park running around on my foot. It hurt, but I really wanted to do it so I worked through it. My foot still isn't better. I still have a bruise and I have a knot on the top of my foot. I was getting worried since it has been almost two weeks. I finally broke down and went to urgent care. They took xrays and asked me some questions and the physician's assistant was concerned that I fractured my foot. She gave me a referal to a podiatrist and sent me on my way with xrays in hand.

Luckily, they were really nice and got me in right away. The Doctor took a look at the xrays and pushed on my foot (ouch!) and told me I didn't break it. He said I just have a really bad bruise and the knot is part of the hemotoma working it's way to getting better. Since there is no padding on my foot, the thing that fell on it hit nerves and veins and it is very painful and takes a while to heal.

It's good it wasn't broken. I wouldn't have been able to drive and that would have been bad. Now I can still do my exercising too. I will really be glad when it starts feeling better so I can get my shoes back on and start walking/running again!

No comments:

Post a Comment