Thursday, May 19, 2011

Sacrifices

I think I'm going to have to come up with nicknames for my friends when I talk about them. I refer to them so much in my blogs because they are a big part of my life, that I confuse myself sometimes when I talk about them, let alone anyone else! I want to keep this as anonymous as possible so that only those that are in it, know who I'm talking about, but yet at the same time give you enough information you can understand and get a visual. That is not an easy thing to do and I'm not sure if I accomplish it, but I keep trying. I think I will call my best guy friend, bestie...I know he will love that! haha Good thing he doesn't read this. hehehe Ok, I will give him a more manly name...Bud (drawn out like Rudy used to say it in The Cosby Show).

Bud is so nice...he bought my son a pocket knife. It's not just any pocket knife. It has all the cool attachments. Two different screw driver heads, can opener, knife, scissors, saw, cork screw and it even has a tiny light on it. Oh my goodness...my boy was super excited! I still don't trust him to have that knife full time, so I will hang onto it for him and he will have it for his next boyscout campout. My son loves boyscouts! It is about the only time he gets to be around boys and men since he is around girls all the time. He has boy cousins, but they are so much younger and his uncles are super busy and my dad lives far away.

So, I think I'm going to try and teach my son how to fish. This should be a pretty funny thing to watch. Candid camera would get some good film footage from it for sure. I don't fish. I went fishing a couple times with my late husband...he was a big time fisherman. I spent most of the time reading or just enjoying watching him be so happy and calm. Here's the thing...I'm very much a girl. I don't like to camp, hunt or fish. I prefer toilets, showers, running water and a bed. I don't mind outside activities as long as I have access to these things. The closest thing I got to camping in recent years was the breast cancer 3day and we slept in tents and had to use portapotties. I also hate touching things that squirm or are slimy. So, putting a worm on a hook would totally send me into convulsions...not only would I have to touch a worm, but I would have to poke a hook through it! Then, if a fish is caught, I have to touch the squirmy fish to get it off the hook...ooooo...I'm shuddering just thinking about it!! All of that said, I can't wait around for a man to do this. With the way my luck is going, my son will be grown and gone before that happens....and we need to make sacrifices for our kids, right?????? Wish me luck! If anyone wants to join in the fun, let me know...should be entertaining to say the least!

No comments:

Post a Comment