Saturday, May 7, 2011

Weddings

I love weddings! I know there are a lot of people that don't like them, but I do. I love the promise of two people making a life together in love. I have been to weddings where you look at the couple and you think, I don't think they will last very long. I have also been to weddings where the couple is perfect for each other and you can actually feel the love they have for each other.

I went to such wedding last night. My nephew got married. He was such a handsome groom and his bride was beautiful! You could actually feel the love between them, in spite of them being nervous. :) If they realize how much work it is and are willing to work through whatever comes their way, then they will make it.

Another thing I love about weddings is seeing how everyone looks dressed up in their best, all the flowers, the cake, seeing family and friends and just letting loose and having fun! Last night was a lot of fun to visit with family, dance our behinds off and wish the happy couple well. The wedding was at a vineyard. The grounds were just beautiful with a pond, grass, lots of flowers and animals. The bride rode up in a horse drawn carriage and had her son walk her down the aisle. She was stunning in her white strapless dress with a dark purple sash and red shoes. Her daughter was a little angel in white and purple and her bridesmaid wore a dark purple strapless dress with red shoes. The groom and his guys looked very nice in their black and dark purple western tuxedo outfits with black cowboy hats. After the wedding the reception was held in a barn that was decorated with white lights, white table clothes with purple table runners, candles and red rose petals on the table. It was simple and beautiful.

The music was awesome! There was a mix of country, rock and oldies and we all had a blast boogying down...especially the little kids! My daughter, my niece and my little nephews tore up that dance floor along with a bunch of other kids! My son was too busy running around and eating! lol I danced with my brother and my dad and let me say, my dad is an awesome dancer! :) My sister was the photographer and I can't wait to see her pictures! She is awesome with the camera and I am so happy she is getting her business off the ground.

I wish my nephew and his bride a long life of happiness and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment