Sunday, July 8, 2012

Tall!

I am addicted to Pinterest!!  It is a love/hate relationship.  I have made several recipes, learned how to paint furniture and today I was laughing my butt off!  It is hate because I'm always on the dang computer!

I found these little sayings on a website called tall-girl-problems.  Oh my goodness...I can soooo relate!  I realize that 5'10" isn't as tall as some of my tall female friends and family...my sister who is 6' or a girlfriend of mine who is 6'2".  that doesn't change the fact that I am still tall.  One of my favorite little sayings on there was "boobs to the face hugs".  hahaha

It got me thinking about life as a tall girl.  There are pluses and minuses to it for sure.  I thought I would share some of these with you.

1. Never having to use a step stool
2. Being able to see over the top of everyone's head
3. Finding pants long enough and skirts for that matter...skirts that fit a normal sized woman will barely cover a tall woman's behind
4. All the short men love tall women
5. All the tall men love short women
6. Giving someone a hug and they either have their face in your boobs or your arms are around their head.
7. Wearing heals is always a big decision
8. Love getting hugs from tall men!
9. Being called a giant and feeling like a giant
10. Being asked "How's the weather up there?"
11. People seeing up your nose
12. When your friends drag you to the petite stores
13. having to squat down when taking group pictures
14. No, I don't play basketball or volleyball...I never got past the awkward clumsy stage
15. Reaching your full height when you are 14 years old
16. Having all of your friends be 5'1" to 5'3"
17. Not being able to sit in the backseat of a car unless you sit sideways and take up the whole seat
18. You may be able to get into tight spaces, but you may never get out of them
19. Having a constant back ache from having to bend over to do things
20. Dancing with a man who's face is in your boobs

These are just a few things.  I am tall and I am proud of it in spite of these frustrations.  I think the biggest one for me is the issues with men.  I do have to contemplate when I wear heals.  A few years ago I went out with a man that was 6'5".  I was so excited!  I had found a pair of sandals that were so amazing and they were only $5!  The catch, they are 3 inches plus a platform.  So they made me 6'2"!  I was actually going to be able to wear my sandals!  That man didn't work out, but I have some awesome sandals!  I wore them to church today...my daughter said I look like a giant!

Several years ago my 6'2" friend and I worked together.  There was a man that worked with us that was about 5'4" tall.  We were having a department wide meeting and there were several of us standing in the hall, most of them men.  I went and stood on one side of this guy and my friend stood on the other side of him.  He said, "Hey, what's up?"  I said, "Not much, what's up with you?"  All the guys started laughing then he realized what was going on!  It's fun to pick on short people!  Last year for my birthday I went on a ride along with an officer.  When we went to lunch, we went with several other officers.  We all got out of the car and were standing in the parking lot...I was taller than every one of them!  Yeah, I felt a little awkward at that moment...then I decided to just own it and I stood up straight to my full height!  I do have some very tall male friends and I love hanging out with them...it makes me feel small!

My kids are going to be tall.  I think my daughter especially.  I tell her all the time to embrace it...be proud!  Tall women are awesome and beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment