Thursday, April 14, 2011

Psychic?

Do you ever wonder if people really do have psychic abilities? I admit, I used to doubt it. There are definitely some people out there that use tricks to make us believe they are psychic, but as I have gotten older I have witnessed some things that have led me to believe that there are people who have the gift. I also believe there are people that have the gift of being able to see and talk with people that have passed beyond the veil. Why not? Everyone has talents and gifts. Some are more traditional, athletic, artistic, etc and some aren't.

When I was a kid we lived in a haunted house. I'm pretty sure I have talked about that experience on here. It was sometimes scary and sometimes annoying. I would never see the aparitions, but I would see other things and I definitely heard things that could not be explained away. I know that others in my family have visits from people on the other side on a regular basis. After listening to their stories, I have been wondering if this gift is like other gifts that can be passed down from generation to generation. I've also wondered if it's true what a lot of psychic/clairvoyants say...everyone has the ability. We just have to learn how listen.

In recent years, I've learned that my great-aunt on my dad's side had the gift of being able to communicate with the dead. I don't know any details, but I am definitely going to see if there are any stories about it. Her sister, my grandma, was diagnosed with pschizophrenia. It makes me wonder, maybe she wasn't mentally ill. Maybe she really did hear voices and had the gift. Interesting idea.

I've watched that show Psychic Kids. Now that is a fascinating show! These kids have psychic/clairvoyant abilities, but don't know how to deal with it. They go spend the weekend with their parents, a counselor and a psychic and learn how to channel that gift and use it for good. Also, they learn not to be afraid of it and how to get rid of the bad spirits when they come along. I love the show! These kids even help the local police solve crimes sometimes. The key is to teach these kids how to use their talent for good instead of trying to deceive, as with all talents.

The next time you happen to be thinking the same thing as someone else, don't doubt it, explore it. Maybe it really is a psychic moment!

1 comment:

  1. Remember the little boy at Big Lake? As I recall, if you did a 360 where they found him, you could see every landmark the lady in Idaho gave us. Hmmmmmm...

    I also believe there are some who may legitimately have a gift but are misusing it and that is just plain wrong.

    ReplyDelete